Sonic is growing steadily and is looking for talented people to join our team. Browse through our website to learn more about our company culture and values.
At Sonic we strive to establish strong, long-term business relationships with our customers through consistent performance, superior technical support, exceptional customer service, and continuous improvement. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of excellence in providing innovative ideas and high-technology solutions to better serve the needs of our customers.
The Sonic culture is focused on building a company that promotes the value of its employees and their contributions, therefore creating and fostering a healthy and positive work environment. As your “trusted partner of choice,” Sonic strives to make a difference in everything we do from enhancing our work processes, raising productivity, building a strong oganizatonal structure and developing partnerships. Sonic is here to help you achieve success in your business.
Positive Work Environment
Sonic provides a positive work environment that fosters open communication, team commitment, focus, and execution. We show appreciation for the good work and commitment of our employees. Sonic believes in sharing in the success of the company by providing bonuses in acknowledgment of extraordinary efforts, achievements, or actions on the part of our employees at every level. The company offers an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) to all eligible employees. Each and every employee at Sonic is an important part of the team and a proud owner of our company. We share in each other’s accomplishment and growth, and the ultimate success this brings.
Support for Our Community
Sonic and its employees are proud to participate in community efforts that contribute to the welfare of society as a whole. We participate in activities serving the Alameda County Community Food Bank Drive and the City of Fremont Symphony. We look forward to building more partnerships with various organizations that serve the needs of low-income families and individuals in need who are members of our community.
Opportunities at Sonic Manufacturing Technologies
Please browse through our open positions and use one of the following 2 options to apply:
- Email your resume to: email@example.com
- Fax your resume to 510-492-0909 attention Norma or Gracie
Position: Senior Quality Engineer
Position Description: Sonic Manufacturing Technologies is the Premier Regional Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) provider located in Silicon Valley. Over 15 years of continued solid growth creates this opportunity to participate in a fabulous working environment supporting local U.S. manufacturing. This Senior Quality Engineering position was created to support the growing production services resulting from the growing customer base.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support & facilitate ISO-9001 maintenance
- Support and facilitate ISO-13485 maintenance
- Training of IPC Standards and EMS Processes. Creating programs materials and providing teaching services
- Support manufacturing personnel in the interpretation of specifications and quality policies
- Leads & supports Corrective / Preventive Action process for problem resolution and continuous improvement
- Perform auditing and resulting reporting and follow up throughout Sonic
- Liaison for Customer and Supplier issues affecting product quality
- Monitors & assures quality data availability and integrity, consolidates and reports quality results
- Utilize Sonic Quality Metrics to identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Provide accurate, timely feedback of production issues and identifying areas of potential improvement
- Drive Quality awareness of personnel, including supervisory and support personnel
- Provide liaison to various regulatory bodies
- Developed systems/process/product FMEAs and identify improvements
Skills & Qualities:
- Demonstrates working knowledge of EMS functional concepts: processes, machines, tooling and environment
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of ISO-9001, ISO-13485, UL, IPC, ESD, and other regulatory requirements for EMS
- Project a positive, “can do” attitude to implement creative solutions to facilitate ship commits without compromising product quality
- Demonstrates Creativity & Flexibility
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Understanding of customer requirements and expectations
- Excellent Data Analysis skills
- Ability to promote a “quality first” mentality
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Database (Filemaker pro preferred), Enterprise Resource Systems
- 4 year engineering or technical degree
- 5+ years electronics manufacturing experience; familiar with advanced technologies and applications
Desired (nice to have) Qualifications:
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Certified IPC-610 Trainer
Career Level Required: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Experience Required: 2+ to 5 Years
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Type: Employee
Job Status: Full Time
Positions: Surface Mount Operators, QC Inspectors, 2nd Operation Assemblers
Qualifications: Must have at least 2 years experience
Positions available for Day and Swing Shifts, full-time regular or temporary.