As a developer of industrial and products, you not only require fast time-to-market to be competitive but also long-term reliability, field serviceability, and parts availability. Sonic’s integrated contract electronics manufacturing services for industrial products allow you to focus on sales, customer relations, and running your business, while we manage the overall process and critical steps necessary to deliver market-ready products.
Sonic has experience building a wide range of industrial products including the first security screening machines installed at the airports. Our extensive experience in electro-mechanical assembly and test along with our custom manufacturing of cell designs enable Sonic to quickly ramp product to target volumes.
The Sonic Benefits Are
- Superior data management and integrated supply chain
- Expertise in robotics and mechanical engineering
- Proven systems to manage challenges of high-mix, low-volume products
- Capability to develop test for electro-mechanical subassemblies
- Utilization of Kanban and Backflush to provide tight management of mechanical parts
Sonic’s Industrial, Test and Measurement EMS Experience
- Sonic provides turnkey manufacturing for security equipment makers and providers. We started at the early stage design of the PCBAs and took on the challenge to deliver annual usage quantities in the first month of the project. Our engineering teams designed a manufacturing process and developed subsystem tests in parallel to provide data and support for a high yield at final system assembly.
- For a test instrumentation customer our mechanical engineering team redesigned a critical electro-mechanical subsystem to improve reliability, and also provided critical feedback to improve other mechanical aspects of the system.
- Sonic provides NPI and full turnkey production to a security company for a data acquisition and assimilation product. Our customer had a unique challenge: redesign to RoHS compliance, transfer of test to Sonic within a small window for shipment to OEMs in Europe and other overseas locations. Sonic’s engineers reviewed and provided feedback on the design, developed a manufacturing process and detailed “method sheets” while concurrently developing the test platform. The program management and materials team worked within a compressed time frame to procure all of the necessary materials. Our close collaboration with our customer’s team resulted in a successful shipment to the OEM despite the aggressive deadline.